PREPARE YOURSELF AND YOUR DOG APPROPRIATELY.
CAUTION: YOUR DOG IS YOUR BEST FRIEND, HE IS YOUR OTHER SELF. RESPECT HIM.
ΤΡΕΞΕ ΜΑΖΙ ΜΕ ΤΟΝ ΣΚΥΛΟ ΣΟΥ
Run with your dog as you would run by yourself.
Ακολούθησε τα 4 στάδια ώστε να δημιουργήσεις τις καλύτερες προϋποθέσεις για να τρέξεις ευχάριστα και με ασφάλεια
Use the right equipment. It will help both you and your dog.
Choose the best route for training. Pay great attention to the area, temperature, and equipment.
Run with your dog and train with him. It is an easy and enjoyable process.
Participate in actions and races for a greater experience. There are races in Greece that will surely help you.
Η ΕΚΠΑΙΔΕΥΣΗ ΤΟΥ ΣΚΥΛΟΥ ΣΑΣ... ΓΙΑ ΝΑ ΤΡΕΞΕΤΕ ΜΑΖΙ ΤΟΥ
ΤΡΕΞΕ ΜΑΖΙ ΜΕ ΤΟΝ ΣΚΥΛΟ ΣΟΥ
Ο σκύλος αγαπά να τρέχει μαζί σας. Αυτός είναι και το κλειδί της επιτυχίας. Τρέξτε μαζί με τον σκύλο σας.
For the prevention of injuries, you should use a body harness (HARNESS), an elastic leash (LEASH), and a waist belt (BELT) for yourself. The leash (LEASH) should not exceed 2m.
Remember that you should avoid any correction (punishment). All activities with your dog should bring joy and pleasure so that you want to experience them again.
Find a safe DIRT path in your area.
Start as you go for a walk every day.
Walk for 1 minute, run leisurely for 1 minute. Not too long. 10-15 minutes are enough for a start.
In the 3rd week, try to increase the running time to 2 minutes.
Gradually, from week to week, increase the minutes you run, as well as the total duration of training.
Towards the end of the training, enjoy a relaxed walk with him to give him enough time to cool down.
Avoid heat (not over 22 degrees Celsius) and extreme conditions.
Dogs instinctively follow the path you run and focus better on well-defined tracks.
Gradually, you should include new behaviors in his training, such as turning right or left at an intersection Consult a positive trainer for this.
Give water and always finish with a reward.
BEFORE EVERYTHING… YOUR SAFETY
ΑΣΦΑΛΕΙΑ - ΠΡΟΠΟΝΗΣΗ
• If you have found a safe route, plan it on Google Maps and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can put it on our site to help others who want to use it.
• CAUTION: The route should not have bees, strays, as well as factors that you think will affect your training.
• Do not let your dog approach garbage, food, and others. If you can, collect and throw them away, so you can train easily.
• The route should be dirt and moderately soft (not too soft but not too hard).
• For your safety, get a pair of running shoes with good grip.
• Always have a mobile phone and tell someone the route you will follow.
• Always have water for your dog.
• Go for training at least one hour after his meal. The same applies to the race.
• Always use a leash, an elastic leash up to 2m (Bungee leash).
• A harness for your dog (Freemotion Harness or Line Harness).
• A special waist belt to have your hands free (Running Belt)
ΣΗΜΑΔΙΑ ΥΠΕΡΘΕΡΜΑΝΣΗΣ - ΚΟΠΩΣΗΣ
• Intense sensation, anxiety to run (pay attention to his behavior and act accordingly)
• White sticky saliva (he should be running) IMMEDIATELY….STOP
and find shade. Give him plenty of water, listen to your dog, and place him comfortably. Call a veterinarian immediately.
You and your dog will have a more pleasant experience if you plan your route in advance. Include some green or watery areas in it. There are many forests and parks. In Greece, there are various routes with paths and dirt roads that provide endless possibilities. If you live in a city, try to minimize running on hard surfaces like concrete and asphalt, etc. And most importantly… choose the right equipment to make running with your dog a pleasant experience.